Sentimentalities

DarthTofu

So I joined these forums about five years back, when I was, as many of you will recall, a rather annoying, spam-tastic 14-year-old on the Internet. I've grown up into a rather annoying, spam-tastic 19-year-old on the Internet. I wasn't the world's most balanced kid back then, as was probably obvious- I didn't have a lot of friends I saw in the real world (as was probably obvious to those of you who remember it), and so I turned to my fellow Star Wars nerds for my friends and/or sanity. And you guys took me in. Not without grief, as one would probably expect, but you were a community and friends, people who shared my interests, talked about stuff I was interested in, and made me feel more global. People from New York, Texas, Canada, Georgia, Switzerland, Hungary- it was amazing to suddenly be able to say that I had friends in those countries, that I had friends period, even if I had never met them.

Basically, this is a thank you to everyone for the last five years. These forums seem to be going the way of the dodo, with most of our guys absent, moving on with life (military, marriage, college, etc.) or, in one unfortunate case, passed on. I don't want to leave you guys without letting you all know how much you meant to me over the years, even if I don't tend to spam this place up like I once did. So thank you, everyone. I wish you all the best of luck in all your endeavors.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

That was just beautiful!

In all honesty, we share a similar view of the forums. I always thought it was great to have such a diverse, international group of friends, and we could all talk together about Star Wars and non-Star Wars things. For the past year or so, its been sad to see how the forums have changed, and how little activity is around now.

But does this mean you plan on leaving Tofu?

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Hah- get me to give up spamming you poor saps? Not on your life! Though I'll likely be a less frequent spammer. I didn't check very often during the year this year, and as I think I mentioned before, I have a job with the school that involves being a "cool guy" and keeping the freshmen on my floor (I'm a sophomore) entertained constantly with some variety of shenanigans for the floor to partake in. I don't know how often I'll log on between work and mandatory fun time.

Sadly, I think this place may retire sometime soon, so I felt the need to get my thoughts out there while there was a chance they'd be seen. Rebellion was a great game, but after twelve years, I think it's probably retired... hell, I don't think I've played a game of it in over a year... I may well pull it out before I leave for my job in a few days...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Very nice Tofu.

I can still remember when I joined the forums. It was the first time I ever joined an internet forum and got me hooked. I'd check it every day. Damn it even got me into 3d modelling. The website wil always remain on of my fondest memories. I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to drop in here more often because of the Army but hopefully when I'll be done with it I'll be able to come back again.

Thanks everyone. i will always consider this place as my internet hom. A place where i know I have a friends.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I remember when you were an annoying teenager as well :mrgreen:

Alas, I migrated to a mac rendering most of my gaming options on a computer obsolete (no cheats/hacks on Empire at War anyone?), but ultimately the limitations of Rebellion pissed me off to much to bother using Parallels to play on my system.

To me the game was an epic tale you could be part of filled with imagination, swiftly ruined with the game's original limitations, that Revolution's editor made somewhat more enjoyable; such as making the entire 200 systems core worlds, but no one ever getting to grips with the most hated aspect of the game; the pain in the arse 'natural disaster' that simply pissed off everyone.

Epic tales I love, give me a thousand star systems and just a gradual increase in eaches' resources and you have the ultimate reason to build a Death Star and destroy worlds. I loved the option to name ships as well.

This was a mellow game that so could have been

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Alas, these forums are slowly falling into disuse. Fewer join, fewer members post, and the thing that brought us together is downright ancient by gaming standards. Not that Rebellion can join the ranks of Pacman and Frogger just yet, but do you realize Windows 95 was still in heavy use when Rebellion came out? Heck, DOS was still in heavy use! I myself haven't been here much, not even lurking like I usually did.

Still though, there are a few here working on Rebellion 2 projects, and occasionally a poor lost soul stumbles in trying to make Rebellion work. Until they all leave, I'll be poking around now and again. :D I just wish we could get the old crew back together for awhile longer, but I guess life moves on...

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"