Christmas presents...

holdan

Are the most useless things on the face of the Earth. People buy stuff that the other person will ultimately never use because practical stuff is just not appreciated. I'm highly irritated because three people have already bought me presents, which means I am required to give them something in return (otherwise the minimal amount of a concious I have will catch up to me), thus wasting both my money and theirs.

In spirit it's a nice idea, but I'd really be happier with a box to store all of the useless junk in than another animal statue to find a box for. That stuff takes up space that I don't have.

Then, of course, there are gift certificates. Somewhere between money and gift. Money is the gift of no thought, and to avoid that, they get a general idea of what to get you, but never end up putting enough effort in to figure it out. Just give me the money! I don't care about thought! I need money for books and tuition! I don't need another tacky plaid jacket that wraps around me three times before it zips.

So, now that I'm done ranting, are you looking forward to the holidays? They certainly are INTERESTing. (That was my little justification of this post if it's not supposed to be in this particular forum)

One song to leave behind...

I won't be buying any presents this year for anyone. I crashed my car a few weeks ago and i have a £350 excess on my insurance policy that i am liable to pay.

Carshing your car sux :(:(

2xtreme Gaming Clan

http://www.clan-2xtreme.co.uk

Counterstrike Source : 195.20.109.124:27015

Day of Defeat : 195.20.109.124:27025

Team Fortress Classic : 195.20.109.124:27030

Counterstrike 1.6 : 195.20.109.124:27040

Carshing your car sux :(:(

So does Crashing your car...hehehe :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Xmas is too expensive, im buying a DVD player for my family, plus some DVD's before i go to uni next October. So far i've spent over £300.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You guys go shopping wayyyy too early! I'll go out December 20th or so and grab something for everyone. :lol:

Actually, I'd probably better go out and find something for the wife...or else she'll turn to the Dark Side and use Force Lightning on me... :evil:

:lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Indeed way to early.

Save your xmas shopping till the 24th of december. Than you can have the thrill of beating off hordes of stressed out shoppers. See the shop keepers crack and burst into tears, use this time to ask him for a discount or start to haggle. Frolic between the rows of idiots who seem to think today is a good day to use the car to get to the city center. Great times are had by all.

All the while you mosey along quietly with your discman blasting at full power, pick up the things you want, thank the gods that you have a girlfriend who A, knows what she wants and B is born on December the 25th. :D

p.s. Has anybody heard something about Texture editing? I've pretty much ran into a Durasteel wall and i'm pretty sure I can hear a pack of uptight rancors behind it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I know it's early... however, you have to keep in mind that my three friends are all female (that's right, I only have three friends. Most people irritate me, so I just stick to the three that bother me least). Females + Chistmas shopping = Bad idea. Guys have the right idea. My ex was planning on getting me a present on December 23rd last year, but we broke up right before then, so he didn't have to spend money on something he wasn't going to give. Why can't girls be more like guys?

Women are far more organised than men in my opinion. I am of the mentality that if it your GF's birthday then go out the day before or even that day and get something. Why do it 3 weeks earlier? , then u have to go to all the bother of hiding it for that lengh of time.

2xtreme Gaming Clan

Women are far more organised than men in my opinion.

I disagree. I can barely find the dressers in my room, while my ex could tell you, in detail, where he put the Burger King receit when he spent $2 there.

My Mum and three sisters got a lot of their presents during the summer. My brother hasn't got anything yet, and my dad remains an enigma!!!

I got everything early this year because i knew exactly what i needed to get.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I also got all of my shopping done early, but the best part is that my GF loves video games and she asked me for an X-Box, how cool is that, I finally have a GF who understands if I stay up all night playing on my PC.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Well I wanted to get this done early for a change, but I still don't have the slightest idea for everyone. I definately need to stroll through the mall to get some new ideas.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I just give my GF money and she puts the same amount in and she buys the presents from both of us. Its alot less stressful for me that way. :)

2xtreme Gaming Clan

Kinda lazy, but if it works what the hey!!! Wormie, you are a very very very very lucky individual!!!!!

Thanks Elvis... now if only I could get her to stop stealing the blankets in the middle of the night. :lol:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Ha, my parent still complain about that one, and they're 48 and have been married for 23 years!

Ha, now that's impossible to achieve :lol:

It would be Ok, if they wouldn't complain the next morning how warm it was in the night :D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Yeah, but no matter what, (assuming i get married) i'll never stop loving her, no matter how often she does it!!!