hostage situation is moscow theater

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor
I'd like to clarify my comments. When I say politicians don't put a lot of value on human life, I wasn't just talking about the Russians. There were probably more civilian victims in the Afghan war as in the 9/11 attacks. How many Iraqi civilians will die before the US is done there? 600,000 people died in Rwanda and the UN sat around with their collective heads stuck up their collective asses. God knows how many people died in the Balkans while Europe stood by and watched.

That's true and all, but the situation in Moscow involved the Russian government with Russian citizens, whereas what you are talking about involved the U.S. government with non-US citizens. I doubt cares as much for other citizens (especially if the countries aren't allied).

Now Bush wants to send in more weapons inspectors to Iraq. If they refuse then it's war, if they find anything then "military action will be taken". He has given Iraq 2 weeks to respond. If Biological, Chemical or Nuclear weapons are found then the UN will have no choice but to give full backing to the USA and strike against Iraq.

Thats when the shit hits the fan.

2xtreme Gaming Clan

http://www.clan-2xtreme.co.uk

Counterstrike Source : 195.20.109.124:27015

Day of Defeat : 195.20.109.124:27025

Team Fortress Classic : 195.20.109.124:27030

Counterstrike 1.6 : 195.20.109.124:27040

Guest JediIgor

That's not bad.. Yesterday there was a riot in Chicago, and there's another one scheduled for today, 10am-10pm.

It was wack, there were policemen with bulletproof vests and helmets everywhere. It was a peaceful riot of course... thankfully.

I love these debates...hey Saddam Hussein sponsors terrorism and he is developing weapons that terrorists could possibly use to attack targets...lets not do anything to stop him.

The US and Russia did not pre-emptively attack each other due to the nuclear deterrent effect. Which is one of the reasons the Russkies were scared when Reagan started the Strategic Defense Initiative.

I dont know if many of you are aware of it but Saddam Hussein has used chemical weapons on his own people, he tested some a while back on a northern Iraqi town/village killing some 30,000 people I believe they were Kurds.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Guest JediIgor
I dont know if many of you are aware of it but Saddam Hussein has used chemical weapons on his own people, he tested some a while back on a northern Iraqi town/village killing some 30,000 people I believe they were Kurds.

Off the top of my head, I believe Iraq is divided into several clans, and those people belonged to a clan, so killing them was considered nothing special.

• SWR Staff - Executive

The total count of Hussein's murder is estimated at a million people.

But enough of this..... YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND! And those that don't have an opinion really don't care.

So I say no more political discusions here. Do it on some other forum!

Back to topic now:

EDIT: Well fine. Long as we all stay civilized here, the chat may continue. Still, note that no one is going to change their mind....

Edited by Evaders99

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I think it allows the use of 'necessary force' in the event that weapons are found, and also opens up the option for a strike.

Is it me, or does this seems to be a good way of diverting attention away from the promise to capture Bin Laden? I mean, i expected it to take a while to get him, but it seems like people are using this as an excuse to keep the hunt going so to speak.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Finding one person in a world of billions is hard enough. Finding a person who is receiving help to stay hidden is very hard, indeed.

It may be taking a while to find Bin Laden, but the Iraq situation is not an attempt to take attention away from the total war on terrorism. Iraq is led by a dangerous madman who will stop at nothing but the destruction of the "infidels" (i.e. people who do not listen to Saddam or do not believe in his version of Islam). He has stockpiles of chemical weapons and there are reports he has biological weapons. There is evidence of a nuclear weapons program, though nobody knows exactly how far along he is. But a madman with weapons that can kill thousands upon thousands of people is too dangerous to allow to continue his plans.

Whether you believe in war or not, there will be a war. The question is, do we (the world) wait until Saddam has weapons that can slaughter thousands of innocents or do we stop him now?

I think the answer is very simple.

BTW, Putin is incredible...just look at what he said now! :oops:

http://abc.net.au/news/2002/11/item20021113013050_1.htm

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Good points indeed, i do think that Saddam is dangerous, but don't you think that if he was really being as tyrannical as people suggest that his people would turn against him? Just an idea, i'm no revolutionary!

Putin is truly odd.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The Kurds tried to turn on him. They won't do that again, anytime soon. Saddam is sort of like Tarkin in the SW movies. Rule by Fear is the doctrine of Iraq.

The recent "elections" were unanimous because if the Iraqi people didn't vote for Saddam, they were killed. I'd say that was a pretty good motivator to vote for him.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!