Han Solo Attacked By Bounty Hunters

eea76

Has Han ever been captured by bounty hunters for anyone? Is there a way in RebEd to fix it so he does? It's never happened for me and I want to see the event play out. The only way I figure is if you change Han's Combat down to like zero or something.

Welcome eea76, I have never had Han captured by Bounty Hunters, but I think that some of the others have. There was actually another thread dedicated to this very topic in Gaming Stories IIRC. you might want to check there. Once again, Welcome.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I've had it happen once but there is nothing to see. your message is he's captured then leia and chewie go after him if theyt too are captured you've lost all 3 thats what happened to me they are put on an empire world and you need to find them the same as any character captured and location unknown. At least this is what it did the 1 time it happened in one of my games
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Welcome eea76,

I have never had it happen to me, but, it looks like others have.

it happened to me once as a Rebel, nothing special, though, I left ihim in a Core planet without any troops, and it happened once more, while playing as an Imp...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Han actually being captured by Bounty Hunters is one of the game's rarest events (we are aware of!) and results in him being taken before Jabba the Hutt. Luke, leia, and the Wookie will abandon whatever they are doing and rush of to rescue him. They will usually succeed.

This leads to perhaps the game's rarest events; their rescue attempts failing and either Han or Han and company being delivered to Darth Vader. I've never seen this in the game, other than the DLLs and WAVE files with Resource Hacker, so don't even know if this situation actually made it to the final released product. :?:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Could you give us a brief story on how it happened? If you can remember, of course. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, all! Long-time Rebellion junkie, first time poster. :wink: I was browsing through some of the old topics and thought I'd chime in with my own "Han & The Bounty Hunters" experience.

I got Han captured in one of the first half-dozen games I ever played (i.e., seven years ago, or so). Luke was on Dagobah, so Leia and Chewie left to get him. (Background: One of the tricks I like to use is to blockade a planet that has Palpatine on it early in the game {NOT Coruscant; it's when he's running Diplomacy Missions in other sectors}. Even on 'Hard' difficulty, the Imperials rarely come to break the blockade, assuming ther isn't a production facility there. Then I'll send Luke on a few abduction missions, which drives up his force rating. Several times I've had him at Jedi Knight BEFORE he goes to Dagobah, whereupon he comes back as a Jedi Master.) Luke then comes back and immediately sets off to rescue Han. The trio is successful (insert appropriate .dll and music here), and they all reappear on a Rebel controlled system. Don't know if Luke being a Jedi Master had anything to do with the success. I've only had it happen one other time, and Luke was already a Jedi Knight at the time. Same result. I've never seen them delivered to the Empire, though.

From what I remember the "Rescue Han" mission doesn't last that long; it's usually shorter than Luke's trip to Dagobah. The odd thing is that it doesn't matter how far away the character is, they will leave to rescue Han, and if the mission is successful they will reappear (usually on the planet Han was abducted from, but I could be wrong; it HAS been awhile) half-way across the galaxy, when it'd normally take MONTHS of in-game time to get there. Another odd thing is that I remember Han still suffering attacks from the bounty hunters even after being rescued.

Here's one for ya: Ever gotten Luke up to Jedi Knight, then DELIBERATELY get him captured by Vader so he's taken to Coruscant and captures both Vader and the Emperor?

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I find it surprising how easy it gets for Luke to capture the Emperor and Darth Vader, despite factors such as he's seriously injured, Darth Vader is still on a combat rating of 300 or so, Coruscant is protected by a Death Star, ten or so Star Destroyers, and numerous other ships.... and Luke wins the Final Battle.... even with a force sensetive general protecting Imperial centre....
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• 6 years later...

I had the Han gets captured event once. The thing is, having read the guides/manual I expected the other characters to rush to his rescue, but nothing happened. The script didn't fire for some reason. Han just appeared on Coruscant and I rescued him with normal means much later.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• 4 weeks later...

You're certain that it was by bounty hunters? If it was a simple Imperial capture, it makes sense that he would go to Coruscant. I've had Han get captured before,but my script always fired just fine.

Also, no offense, this is a 7-year-old topic, Markus. Kinda delving deep, aren't you? ;)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 8 months later...

In my considerable time playing Rebellion, the only time Han gets captured by bounty hunters is when you separate him from Chewie. Even then though, it comes down to what I think is a coin flip. I have never EVER had bounty hunters capture Solo when I am the Empire. They always will locate him though, which is something.

In response to another poster: Yes, I totally have Luke go after Vader when he's up to Jedi Knight level. He never loses the final battle once he's Jedi Knight for me at least.

• 10 months later...

I had a couple of interesting things happen in a recent game (I'm playing the standard vanilla Rebellion, with exception to using my New Galaxy Configuration). I'm playing as the Rebels; the Empire controls the entire Coruscant sector except for the Averam system. I'm using this as my base to spy on Imperial systems. Darth Vader was reported as being on the Bilbringi system at one time, and now that Luke has returned from Dagobah, I wanted him to confront Vader already. I'm using Han Solo as a glorified taxi cab to get Luke to Averam. Once there, I have Luke and Han do an espionage mission to Bilbringi (I put Han as the decoy; Han gets Luke there AND back really quick). Anyway, after a couple of missions (some successful, some not), a recent successful mission revealed one interesting piece of info ...

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8605/bountyhuntercard.th.png

there are Bounty Hunters on Bilbringi! I've never seen a Bounty Hunter card in the game, ever. I've seen the picture someone downloaded via ResourceHacker in the forums, but never "in game". I tried to use infiltrators to "sabotage" the Bounty Hunters, but C3PO wouldn't allow the mission; I also couldn't "abduct" them. It might be you can NOT do missions against them, or they "already moved on" and I was trying to do a mission on a unit that was really not there (intelligence data was not yet updated again). The second weird thing happened right after that Luke/Han mission; they were "returning" to Averam and I detected an Imperial Espionage mission on Averam. I put some infiltrators on sabotaging the two Imperial droids already on Averam (on mission). One of the Imperial droids was destroyed but the other sabotage mission failed; the Imperial espionage mission was foiled. I then looked at my system screen ...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4868/swrebellionalliancedroi.th.png

There's an Imperial Espionage droid on my side? I didn't know droids could "defect to the other side"? It must have been a fluke, because I could NOT use him for any missions and when I closed/re-opened the system screen, he was gone. He must have been the droid from the "foiled mission" and got "lost" trying to get home. That's about my best guess. I just thought I would share these interesting occurances to see if anyone else has had them or something similar happen.

EDIT: This was originally posted June 29, 2011 but "lost", therefore I'm reposting it :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a lot of games since I last posted here, and I finally got the event again and the script fired correctly this time. Han got captured, then Luke, Chewie and Leia all went off to rescue him and accomplished that within just a few days.

I don't know what the difference was, except that the abduction happened on the same day as Luke coming back from Dagobah. Mighty coincidence there. I guess there's some "big game event" trigger that fires every x days and that's why sometimes things will happen together like this?

Also, no offense, this is a 7-year-old topic, Markus. Kinda delving deep, aren't you? ;)

No offense, but if you think about it for one and a half second you'll realize this isn't a bad thing. This is a topic about a rare game event, and you will have people occasionally googling or forum searching about it even years after it was first started, so we might as well keep adding the info in one place rather than having a new thread every time.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to chime in with my two pence worth:

Whilst I've known Han to be captured by bounty hunters - I don't think I've ever known the others go and rescue him - he's either escaped of his own accord or been delivered to the imperials - and I've been playing the game since it came out (95? 98? can't remember)

Though I couldn't say who I was playing as at the time - I'm usually imperials which could have shaped my experience of the issue.