Most one sided Naval Battles

Adm_Ace

The most one Sided space battle I have experienced happens because of an intelligence coup. I was the Empire.

Empire: 8 Impstar II

11 Carracks

1 Interdictor

42 Defenders

Alliance: 3 Liberators

2 A wing

2 Gunships

1 C-7700

Results: Total Ownage in 60 Seconds.

Nice.

My first game I assumed that, because I built massive fleets, the AI did, too. So I slapped Coruscant with three massive fleets at once, from all over the galaxy. Coruscant had: One SSD, three ISD IIs, maybe one VSD II, an ISD I, two interdictors, two Lancers, and about fifty squadrons of TIEs, mixed.

I had something like five of every ship type available, except that I had a good thirty Dauntlesses, because I thought they were the most powerful ship the Rebels could build at the time. They just look so much deadlier than the Bulwark Battlecruisers!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Nice.

My first game I assumed that, because I built massive fleets, the AI did, too. So I slapped Coruscant with three massive fleets at once, from all over the galaxy. Coruscant had: One SSD, three ISD IIs, maybe one VSD II, an ISD I, two interdictors, two Lancers, and about fifty squadrons of TIEs, mixed.

I had something like five of every ship type available, except that I had a good thirty Dauntlesses, because I thought they were the most powerful ship the Rebels could build at the time. They just look so much deadlier than the Bulwark Battlecruisers!

Did they sweep the floor with you? :roll:

My first game I assumed that, because I built massive fleets, the AI did, too.

I did the same thing myself basically my first game. I played as The Empire and built a massive attack fleet (3 SSD's, dozens of ISD's both Mk-I & Mk-II, plus at least a couple of every ship type, loaded with fighters galore). I started taking every single system in galaxy to prevent the Rebel fleet from being able to hide. When they were down to one system, that's where the Rebel HQ and defending fleet had to be. When my massive fleet arrived, ... it was confronted by ... a single A-wing :( Just one! :x How anti-climatic :evil:

I then instantly grasped the concept of maintance points thereafter (especially from the "enemy's" point of view).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I counter that by sending out relatively low firepower fleets on exploration. As the Imps my exploration fleets usually consist of two ISD IIs and an SSD, all loaded up full of fighters and troops. I'll also stick a few troop transports in there; generally speaking, I like to bring along sixty troops for the express purpose of conquering enemy planets with zero diplomats in the fleet.

Admittedly, it kinda annoys me how you can take control of a 100%-loyal-to-the-enemy planet if you just have an uprising occur on one planet belonging to the enemy. Liberate them, and two more uprisings start/neutral systems join. Liberate the next one and another uprising starts, etc. until that 100% loyal-to-the-enemy planet is no 95% loyal to you.

12/14/07

Normally I send out Recon missions and then follow up on missing SpecForces that disappeared. I also follow up any planet with unusual activity. The follow up can consist of a pair of cruisers up to a taskforce of Super Star Destroyers. It just depends on the contact.

I counter that by sending out relatively low firepower fleets on exploration. As the Imps my exploration fleets usually consist of two ISD IIs and an SSD, all loaded up full of fighters and troops. I'll also stick a few troop transports in there; generally speaking, I like to bring along sixty troops for the express purpose of conquering enemy planets with zero diplomats in the fleet.

"Low firepower" with two ISD IIs and an SSD, loaded to the gills with fighters and troops? 8O What do you consider "high firepower" Tofu? :lol:

By the time my R&D has the ISD Mk-II and the SSD researched, I already have 90-95 percent, if not all of the galaxy already explored. Exploring is a job for Probe Droids and transports (the majority of the time) :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

One sided battles get boring, fast. Which is often why I stop playing rebellion for long stretches of time, because after a while I'll have about 5-6 fleets with hundreds of ships each. I always wanted one of those fleets to meet something of similar firepower, but rarelly if ever got close.

I do recall on numerous occations that my large fleets would engage an enemy fleet and destroy them with fighters before any capitals got in range. Unfortunatelly I don't remember much more than that :roll:

They're fun, the first few times you crush the enemy ... but get boring fast :(

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

"Low firepower" with two ISD IIs and an SSD, loaded to the gills with fighters and troops? 8O What do you consider "high firepower" Tofu? :lol:

By the time my R&D has the ISD Mk-II and the SSD researched, I already have 90-95 percent, if not all of the galaxy already explored. Exploring is a job for Probe Droids and transports (the majority of the time) :wink:

I sent one of those fleets out and ran into the Rebel base with it- the fleet was completely destroyed after killing just one Rebel ship. I usually don't send out probes- I just send in fleets to colonize/conquer.

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...
Bismark and Prince Eugenz versus the HMS Wolf and HMS Prince of Whales. Talk about getting spanked.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

• 3 weeks later...
Prince of Whales

:lol: maybe, Prince of Wales? :P:D

• 5 weeks later...