NSO Story Development Discussion (SPOILERS)

Defender_16

8O

Um... no, what would make you think I was working on any sort of fighter like that?

*Shifty eyes*

For real though I do have another fighter design I'm working on.

System Defense Missile Boat

(currently planned deployment for Coruscant and Byss Planetary Defenses)

EDIT: I need a positive mass-media spin for deployment of the Death Star by the Empire. Ideas?

Attention, beings of the Empire. As you know, the Justice Star has left it stadard orbit in the Curasca star system. The reasoning for this is the leaders of our military forces have decided to use it in the removal of several dead worlds, to help ease hyperspace travel through certain parts of the galaxy.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Trying to work on some backstory.

A long time in a Galaxy far, far away; Two droids landed on Tatooine but a lot closer to Old Ben's house.

Kenobi realising that time is of the essence but not wanting to reveal Luke to the Empire, makes his way to Mos Eisley.

Mind tricks his way past the Stormtroopers and finds passage aboard the Falcon. (Let's say he does a few more mind tricks to get the money for passage.)

The Falcon escapes into Hyperspace and heads to Alderan as per ususal. Ben prepares a package to be sent to Luke by courier sometime after they reach Alderan.

They arrive after Alderan's destruction, chase the Tie fighter.

"That's no moon that's a space station."

Then hide in the smuggling compartments as the DS reels them in.

Hero group stun the scanner team and make their way to the bay control room as normal, blasting the officers there.

R2 and 3PO find the tractor beam location and Ben asks Solo to stay behind to watch the ship while he disables it. 3PO suggests Ben take one of the comlinks so that they have a way to contact him.

3PO: That's odd.

Han: What wrong? (I hate droids.)

3PO: I'm afraid I'm not quite sure, sir. He says "I found her", and keeps repeating, "She's here."

Han: *Rolls eyes* Well, who has he found?

3PO: Princess Leia.

Han: Princess?

3PO: A member of the royal family of Alderan sir. Oh my, I'm afraid she's scheduled to be terminated.

Han: Better her than us.

3PO: We should contact Master Kenobi at once.

---Continuing and so on.---

Obi-wan detours to meet Han and Chewy on the way to the detention center.

He uses a mind trick to make it look like he's wearing trooper armour and then helps take down the guards. Before Han can screw things up for them by talking over the com, Kenobi heads down the turboshaft to tackle the Tractor beam.

Han and Chewy rescue Leia the get trapped by the Stormtroopers.

Escape into and through garbage smasher with assistance by Droids in control room.

Ben disables the tractor beam and begins to head for the ship.

Various blaster fighters between the 'heroes' and the stormtroopers as they run for the ship.

They make it aboard while Ben dies fighting Vader.

The Falcon escapes, blasting through the Tie fighters but takes damage.

The Rebel base on Yavin recieves the information on the Death Star and find it's weak point.

Han watches the breifing but takes his reward and leaves.

The Rebels are down a pilot (Wes is sick with some sort of Flu) the techs spot a problem with Jek Porkins' fighter before they launching and he switches to Wes's X-wing.

Attack on the Death Star, a Y-wing flight get's shot down by Vader's squadron, then Red leader's flight. Biggs leads a flight into the trench with Commander Narra joining them at the last second.

Vader's flight attacks from behind while in the trench killing first Narra and then Jek.

Wedge is hit.

Biggs: "Get clear Wedge, you can't cover me with a busted engine."

Before Vader can fire on Biggs though the Falcon swoops in forcing him off. Biggs fires and his torps enter the exhaust port.

Vader having not actually been hit mannages to use the force to stop the torpedoes while they're still in the exhaust port.

Their explosion though still causes heavy damage.

*Searches arround the forum.*

Causes a big explosion not unlike Mad's experimental video piece.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/?action=view&current=Planetexlosionforweb.flv

The DS laser fails due to the damage and only stutter fires causing a few craters in Yavin IV's surface. Tarkin launches conventional forces to seize the planet.

Some of the Rebels escape, (Han lands and picks up some people from the planet.) and repairs begin on the DS.

Will follow up with ESB and ROTJ at a later time.

(Now the Rebels get to lose in all 3 origional movies. :roll: )

I knew you'd like that part. Unfortunately it leaves a major gap historically for the Empire.

The Empire in their drive to discredit the Rebellion in the main timeline have often claimed to the masses that it was the Rebels who blew up Alderan. Infact it was even claimed for a time that the Emperor died destroying a Rebel Death Star at the Battle of Endor.

The Imperial Navy has always been heavily opposed to the Death Star Program and many make a point of not wanting to be asociated with it and Tarkin in any way.

What does the Empire do for PR if they win and have a couple of Death Stars hanging arround? Hell, what does Tarkin do for that matter? A lot of powerful people are going to want his head on a platter for Destroying Alderan even if they were contemplating Rebellion.

Tarkin was following the Emperors orders to destroy a planet, it was left up to him to choose the planet. The Emperor may not have chosen Alderaan but thats what you get when you let a powerful subordinate do his own thing lol. The Empire wanted the DS to cow opposition and thats what it will do in your scenario Defender. The navy couldn't do anything to Tarkin he is too powerful, only the Emperor could say anything to him. Gotta go. - Grand Moff Conway

Actually, Tarkin was not under orders to destroy a planet iirc. he simply chose to to proe to Leia that he was ruthless enough to do it. Frankly, I doubt the Emperor would have been very happy with him for that, seeing as how the Emperor liked Alderaan, even if was sypethetic to the rebel cause.

As for the PR spin... "Rogue Asteroid. Came outta nowhere. Hit Alderaan dead on. Seriously."

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Perhaps the Empire could have turned on Tarkin after he destroyed Alderaan? Palpatine could have ordered the seizure of the DS, arrested Tarkin and executed him. Then told the public that the Death Star had been deconstructed, while it was really just stored away. Saying the entire time that Tarkin built the thing himself, and was a traitor to the Imperial cause?
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

No, if the Death Star is deconstructed teh Empire can't technically claim they won the Battle of Yavin. They need it to seem like a victory over the Rebellion, not the stalemate that it actually becomes because of heavy damage to the DS.

Superlaser = out of comission for months due to damage to the reactors.

Enough time for the Rebels to try something else.

As per the normal timeline the DS2 attempts to rectify the major design flaws in the original. Only in my version of ROTJ Palpatine sends say... an emperor's hand disguised as him to Endor while he goes to Byss. He's safe enough there that he can extend his awareness to the Hand more fully than normally allowing a precise view of events as they unfold.

With Luke still on Tatooine Vader simply goes down to the planet and captures or kills the Rebel strike team.

+++

Please check the GIF thread for the construction of Booster's ship the Galactic Venture.

I'm posting a still shot of how it looks before the Battle of Bothan Space, upcoming.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Defender_16/GVent-34.gif

4x Topside Heavy Turbolaser Turrets

2x Heavy Ion Cannon Turrets

6x Double Turbolasers

8x Turbolasers

12x Quad Lasers

Standard fighter compliment 6 Squadrons. (3 T-wing, 3 Tie Clutch)

Capacity for 8 squadrons but additional room is normally used for shuttles.

Hate to have to argue with you people- but GL himself has stated before that the Emperor had told Tarkin to destroy a rebel planet to prove the DS would be used. He just didn't pick a planet so Tarkin chose Alderaan to punish Leia. Also Palpatine suspected Bail Organa of being a traitor and didn't give a tinkers damn about the planet anyway. -Grand Moff Conway

Hmm... Yes I suppose. But it does still create some rather significant problems. After the reactors are repaired and the Superlaser is working again is Palpatine just going to let Tarkin run arround vaping planets?

We all know how well that works in Rebellion. :roll:

Also, what happens with the old DS when the DS2 is deployed?

Finished the Venture's armour. Threw it next to an ISD for scale.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Defender_16/ISDvsGalcticVenture.gif

Defender Palpatine only wanted ONE planet destroyed, and that is the only planned USE of the superlaser. The idea was that the FEAR of the DS would keep planets in line - just as Tarkin envisioned it. _ Grand Moff Conway

Finished the Venture's armour. Threw it next to an ISD for scale.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Defender_16/ISDvsGalcticVenture.gif

Hey Def, you just built the Galatica, or at least the SW version of it. Got a little BSG on the brain :lol:

Now is this timeline the Empire won at Endor or not, because I'm hearing talk about the original DS still being around?

OK, the most plausible explanation for the Empire: the rebels built the original DS at attack Imperial worlds and destroyed Aldeeran. The Imperial Navy tracked down the rebel DS to their hidden base on Yavin IV. A stalwart attack by Imperial forces destroyed (see alternate theory below) the DS, but with heavy losses (list some of those stationed on the DS, and added some capital ship names. Have several capital ships "renamed" to add plausability). Then the Empire has to build thier own DS to counter any other possible rebel DS. The Imperial DS is based on the rebel DS plans, but with major improvements due to superior Imperial engineering skills.

If the original DS it still around, then it was captured by the Imperial forces, and is being occupied/repaired by the Imperial Navy due to sabotage and such from rebel forces during the Imperial attack.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hey Def, you just built the Galatica, or at least the SW version of it. Got a little BSG on the brain :lol:

Hey, the animated gif made it entirely explainable. :wink:

Now is this timeline the Empire won at Endor or not, because I'm hearing talk about the original DS still being around?

The Empire is also going to win at Endor.

If the original DS it still around, then it was captured by the Imperial forces, and is being occupied/repaired by the Imperial Navy due to sabotage and such from rebel forces during the Imperial attack.

Not bad... think I just figured out how to make that into a holo drama.

All good ideas Tex, makes sure that the Empire can build the Second DS and eventually release news of it's completion "for the safety and security of the Empire."

EDIT:

Defender, For me please give the Empire a fair fight even if we have to lose. - Grand Moff Conway

Found the Imperial officer I needed for the battle of Bothan Space.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nalgol

A Kuati Noble. Got stuck with that whole Bothan disaster of a mission in the Thrawn Dulogy. Might as well keep up the trend.

EDIT2: @ Tues Night, 9:56 no wait 10:00pm, er... ok that clock isn't working...

Some time in the future, long after the battles of Bothan space end, Booster's badass converted Freighter get's shot to hell by an Imperial task force. A Command class SSD, 4 Star Destroyers and 2 Interdictors bring down the old beast of a ship. Booster survives and escapes transfering his flag to a captured ISDII.

Iblis and Kre'fey needing another heavy cruiser carrier to fill the place of Booster's old ship, divert resources to build a replacement.

This thing is what Booster is given several months later.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Defender_16/VentureReborn.gif

The Terrik class Heavy Assault Carrier. Signicantly faster as well as more heavily armed and armoured than her predescessor. She can't keep up with a Carrack Cruiser or a Majestic, but then few can.

A sister ship was eventually completed with the forward most turrets removed in favour of fixed forward firing Baradium Shell launchers.

Hey guys, I need a suficiently expendible Inquisitor for use in the Imperial fleet attacking Bothawui. Your thoughts?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitor

EDIT: I seem to have settled on... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Halmere

as the right choice.

EDIT2: And found another ship for the Rebels to use as the base for some light cruiser designs.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Cargo_Tanker_Isometric.jpg

• 4 weeks later...