blowing up the rebel's HQ

Verdex

I have neither found this in the manual nor on this great site, so maybe here's something new for you, my Imperial friends:

It is possible to make the rebel's HQ target of a sabotage mission!

I once located the HQ on Womrik, sent one Imperial command, they blew it up - and I won.

My opponent was *very* surprised and this event struck fear into his heart until today. My kind of revenge for that damn 'Trench Run Syndrome' :twisted:

Asteroids do not concern me...

Yes, of course... it's a major disadvantage in a multiplayer game because unlike Coruscant you just can't pile a crap load of fighters on it :cry:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Though you can put several dozen sullistan regiments on board. And bolster the defenses on a world with as many resource points as you want. And create fall-back locations for it.

In my games I typically make three or four "base" locations, with all resources donated to shields and LNR batteries. If one base is discovered, I jump to a new one and build another in the unknown regions. Even if I am unable to move the base, the LNRs and shields ought to daunt most fleets enough that they won't decimate themselves trying to destroy the world. Add to that the ability to run with an ion cannon and, well, you're sittin' pretty. :)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Great way to taunt your foe as the Rebels (only if you're playing standard victory.) First, take Coruscant like normal. Then, scrap everything on the planet except GenCore IIs. Then, build GenCoreIIs for every available energy slot except one. Then, move the HQ to Coruscant, and give away its locating via chat.

• 2 weeks later...
Great way to taunt your foe as the Rebels (only if you're playing standard victory.) First, take Coruscant like normal. Then, scrap everything on the planet except GenCore IIs. Then, build GenCoreIIs for every available energy slot except one. Then, move the HQ to Coruscant, and give away its locating via chat.

Be careful with that tactic. I've built up fleets that were capable of knocking out 8 GenCoreII's in one bombardment. I tested that by assaulting an enemy system, and filling its energy slots w/ GenCores.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The most fun is as a veteran player against a n00b, is to use standard victory and pick rebels... put together yourself a little taskforce and rush and capture coruscant very early in the game, then just pile everything you got on including the rebel HQ and conclude the harassment ;p

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Be careful with that tactic. I've built up fleets that were capable of knocking out 8 GenCoreII's in one bombardment. I tested that by assaulting an enemy system, and filling its energy slots w/ GenCores.

Chances are, if you're taunting them, that badly, you already control most of the galaxy.

And besides, it's not like anyone would give away the HQ's loaction in a serious match.