How much DeathStar?

Karpman

Boast your most outstanding number of DeathStars ever created in a single regular game of StarWars: Rebellion here...

i cant remember... :cry:

but if i were to guess id have to say 4.

Who said life was full of adventure and excitement?

Huge galaxy, Hard computer, I toyed with it long enough, making it think it won an entire system (I limited it to one system) Had one DS in EVERY System, and 2 additional on my two attack fleets. =o) Day 8,000 something.

Additional: Yes, all of them had full Tie-Defenders, NONE of them had troops.. Way too expensive for all of that. In thier respective systems, the center planet held them with a DS Shield. If any rebels showed up in-system, I had only to move my fleet over and say knock it off. =o)

Nice. My record is three, I think... I'll have to make a huge fleet of 'em eventually on one of my 'verge of winning' games. :twisted::twisted::twisted: Just to beat psychobob and all!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I would love to make a "Death Star Squad" of like 10 Death Stars. This way each one could destroy each Rebel capital ship.

Note: What happens when there are two Death Stars in one battle? Because there is only one icon for the Death Star, and you can't select it as if it was a starship. Anyone ever have more than one in a battle?

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Unfortunately that can't be done. If you try to build two death stars in one fleet or move two fleets with a DS onto the same planet, you get IMP-22 telling you that gravitational effects prohibit 2 Death Stars on the same system.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

If you keep them over a planet with DS Shield, then you should do the opposite and fill it up with troops but no Fighters

My fighters are for when I move the DS over to crush pitiful Rebel fleets within the system. The DS promptly goes back to the safety of it's shields. I would never try this vs. a human player, but the comp. is a push-over. =o)

Unfortunately that can't be done. If you try to build two death stars in one fleet or move two fleets with a DS onto the same planet, you get IMP-22 telling you that gravitational effects prohibit 2 Death Stars on the same system.

Nice. I had no idea. But I'm still going to try it, just to hear that annoying hunk of junk say something different for a change.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Yeah. I get sick of him too. I made my new advisor for Supremacy a lot meaner, and he insults you when you make mistakes. This has the odd effect of me having to listen to myself insult me, since I did the voice.

I'd really like to scrap the current DS system for a real model of a DS, though. You'd have to sacrifice the planet explosion thing, but its a small price to pay to re-enact Death Star battles!

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I too would like to see some real DS battles played out in tactical... just how many warships would it take to bring down all those turbolasers, designed to protect it from just such an assault?

As for my fleet, I once created 4 in a game, hard and large galaxy. It was the first time I'd built a DS, and didn't know the effect of using a DS to destroy a planet... ran into the rebel HQ, down went the planet, destroyed a few others in the same sector, and all of a sudden that silly little robot is trying to tell me Coruscant is uprising... (I still won though :roll: )

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Four.

I couldn't build any more than that because I then started using them.

Most of the planets that provided resources for me went to the Rebellion quite easily. Then Coruscant didn't like me anymore so I blew it up.

Then 3 of my DS's and about half my star fleet died from lack of resources. Lost 2 characters when their Destroyers blew up.

[/u]

If he's like me, he only builds a few troop regiments the entire game. I mean, really, why have so many? You don't need them when you play the computer, which is too dumb to take advantage of it (just like you don't need shield generators or weapon emplacements). Much better to use the resources for ships.

(If you think I'm crazy for not using shields/weapons/troops, just wait until I release my massive strategy guide. It explains it all, and will be posted around here somewhere...)

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• 4 weeks later...

what never made sense to me is why the game won't let you put two death stars in the same fleet. yea, i know it says the whole thing about gravitational forces not permitting blah blah blah... but honestly, thats why i built the damn thing in the first place. imagine just showing up in system and having the planet tear itself apart. if that isn't complete domination i don't know what is.

best i ever did was two death stars. i was just to pissed that i had to split them up to bother making another.

All the avatar options blow.

It has to do with the image graphic in the background opposite the planet in fleet battle mode when the DS is present I bet. There's only room for 1 opposite the planet.

Theortically I guess you could put another image of one appearing behind your fleet but then your fleet hyperspaces through your DS. Not good for the 'ol HP. :)

Also you'd then need to add the coding for where the DS laser would fire from in the additional img, fighter entry/launch points and a second DS laser bar on the tactical display.

1 word for you D16: Garrisons. Need I say more?

Had built up troop reserves for 3 regiments per planet when I went on my Death Star spree. After running on Fast for awhile to build the things the Rebels had sabotaged a good nimber of troops and shields. When I started using my DS's most of the galaxy went into uprising. This continued to worsen when rebel strike fleets bombarded trooper garrisons that had lost their sheild gens. Rebel forces were overwhelming sectors so fast that I went rapid-fire on the "Destroy System" button, killing 3 planets in 1 day. (This included Coruscant which had fallen to concentrated sabotage missions.)

When the dust settled I was left with 1 major shipyard 20 battered planets and my 6 newest Destroyers. I was a noob back then.

1 word for you D16: Garrisons. Need I say more?

Had built up troop reserves for 3 regiments per planet when I went on my Death Star spree. After running on Fast for awhile to build the things the Rebels had sabotaged a good nimber of troops and shields. When I started using my DS's most of the galaxy went into uprising. This continued to worsen when rebel strike fleets bombarded trooper garrisons that had lost their sheild gens. Rebel forces were overwhelming sectors so fast that I went rapid-fire on the "Destroy System" button, killing 3 planets in 1 day. (This included Coruscant which had fallen to concentrated sabotage missions.)

When the dust settled I was left with 1 major shipyard 20 battered planets and my 6 newest Destroyers. I was a noob back then.

SO, all you newbies to Rebellion, learn from D16's experience(s), NO DS KILLING SPREES!

Edited by Mitth_raw_nuruodo

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

DS killing sprees are fun and easy!! Use outer rim planets with super resources and build enough for a DS full of fighters and 6 troops on each of those planets. Then run amok. The rebs can't sab troops they cant find.

• 9 months later...