Log Game 1-Alliance

Numerouno

Umm, seeing as i've only won the game once under each side (I have little free time) last time I did it I found Vader on Ryloth. Pretty sure it was just because that was the last system I checked, though. If you want to try something cool, divide your fleet into, like, ten pieces, and then send a piece to each planet in a system so that they all arrive at the exact same time. I'm pretty sure Vader turns tail and runs if any enemy forces enter the system.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No, no, see that's the beauty of my idea- the only way Vader can manage to run away is if he flees with an Ion Cannon- other wise you have a chance to catch him. Also, if you have thousands of troops, you can save time by simply garrisoning a system and not making them loyal to you. These are all ideas, mind you- it might work, though.

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...
I like to use that idea with the Rebellion but a bit smaller. At the start of the game ill send some scouts out to a completly neutral/uncolonized is best, i form a few fleets into 3 then send them to the planets with the highest resource slots. If theres 4 ill send a small one to make it a mining colony then build each oone of the three into a big Troop/Construction/Shipyard center. That helps immensly with the game and i keep reinforcing them until each of them can hold out against a ESD and its supporting forces. Then i begin my assault fleet, mostly with Bulkwarks and Mon Cals.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

Hmm building up defense fleets, then assault fleets could work, but I always found it's best to keep up a small offensive movement thoughout the whole game. Even if it's just rear-guard harrasment stratagies, it generally helps stop them from getting too comfortable.

Woa, look at the time! Gotta get some sleep if Im gonna stay asleep for school tommorow... Computer Hardware Repair is sooo boring and it gets soooooo hot in that class :P

Welfare school has no air conditioning... lol :lol:

8O Apparently my school stole your funding. We live in Florida and most of my classes feel like Alaska! CAD is cold as hell... is hot... if it exists... lol. So did you ever win the game (Looks down at quoting screen) Numerouno?

12/14/07

To bait him? Hmm, maybe if you take Luke and have him get captured he'll be taken to Vader where he 'overpowers' him and takes him back, but A: Luke has to be a Jedi Knight and B: I don't know f this works when you have Palpy and Coruscant. I'd save my game before trying that strategy.

12/14/07

Its hard to bait Vader, because he can be used as either a sabotage/ espionage, or as a diplomat (as I use him early on). The AI can be pretty dumb sometimes, though.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

It will wait I think. My main plan is to send a fleet round blockading planets and then doing espionage missionms with a force user. If vader is there it will always tell me. (Especially if it is Luke. This is actually how I got palpy.) If he isn't, I learn a bit about the planet. However, my fleets aren't strong enough yet.

Not gonna work particularly well, mister uno. Remember, the AI can move Vader the same as you can can move Luke or Mon Mothma. The only way to ensure that the Empire isn't going to use a planet to stasha character is to send down an invasion crew/ diplomatic crew and take over down there. OTherwise, the AI might wait until one system is "cleaned" by you before sending Vader back there as you start to invade the system that he's in. (Seriously, I think he's that run-aroundy). So just make, like, 50 gillion regiments of SUllistens from your troop center plant planet and put them in your fleets to take over the galaxy with as garrison troops... Or you can go for the good, tedious, and slightly easier strategy of blockading a planet, taking over, and sending a diplomat or team of diplomats down to get 100% loyalty out of the population.

12/14/07

Yes, but let's say that you have yet to explore sector X. You go through sector Y, find no one down on any of the planets, and, say one or two Imperial planets with nothing of any value and no characters, and only one or two building slots. You leave those planets and head over to sector Y on system Z. Vader, who is in system W of sector Y, sees your fleet blockading system Z and goes "Oh, crap" and runs away to one of the Imperial planets that you just sweeped in sector X and found no one on. YOu don't know of this, so you bassically miss Vader and get nothing for oyur trouble. See what I mean now? You can't find Vader if hekeeps having somewhere to run to.

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

You can't find Vader if he keeps having somewhere to run to.

You have to have ALL Imperial and neutral systems eliminated as hiding places. Use diplomats or assault troops to "bring them around" to your side. Leave one system neutral with a blocading fleet or a nearby patrol fleet. Keep doing espionage missions. When that system is the "last" neutral place to hide, Vader should eventually show up (there are no guarantees). Then go capture him (if you can :wink: ).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hello i want to tell something,seeking Vader and Palpy as rebel or seeking Luke and Mothma as imperial.

As u know/not know, if u driving espionage missions on Coruscant or Alliance HQ,the spy aquire information not only about that planet + an another planet,but about that planet + at least 5 other planets.

My advice is if u are a rebel : blockade Coruscant,bombard the whole defences,troops,nothing to remain to prevent the spy doing his/her mission.U have to have many characters on the blockading fleet.

Send all personnel to espionage mission, and every character bring information about 5 sistems. In this way - depend how many planet still have the empire - u can aquire information all of imperial planets - but maybe u have to espionage many times with all personnel.

After doing this, open the personnel finder, and look for Vader.

If u are lucky u will see this : Darth Vader....on mission (balmorra) or

Darth Vader...on Corellia or if u see Darth Vader....not known,then this mean he is doing diplomacy mission on a neutral planet.

If this happen u maybe wait for a while,and do again the espionage mission,between this time maybe Vader win that planet for empire, and if u doing again espionage on Coruscant u will se him on that planet what was neutral but now joined to empire.If u find him, u send a huge fleet to that planet with Luke on it, and capture him. It's maybe not easy as i thought,but something like this. ;)

Antonius' idea works really well--except on rim systems. Assuming Vader is on a core world, then you will eventually find him using espionage missions. However.....

If the Empire colonized a rim world that is still unexplored to you, you will never get information on that planet through espionage. Therefore, the only way to get make sure that you find Vader is to make those Assault Transports/other fast ship and send one to each sector. Chances are, you'll find an imperial controlled rim planet. Normally, Vader is there 70-80% of the time, but if he's not, do an espionage mission and there he is.

(this method has worked in about 7 of the 10 games I've played since finishing the imperial portion of my TC)

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

One time, I was playing as the Rebels (a very, very rare occurence), and I had taken over every single planet. However, the Emperor was on board a stupid ship (I think it was a dreadnaut), and I could not catch him. It was very annoying. I basicly had to wait until the ship "self destructed" due to negative maintence points. Arrg!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

What's really annoying is when your ships die from lack of maintenance points on the day that they arrive to do battle- and it almost always seems to either be your interdictor or a ridiculously powerful ship stocked full of expensive troops and fighters that dies. Stupid thing killed an SSD on me once... I suppose that is one of the better strategies you can use to take out enemy fleet early on.

12/14/07

People, myself i didnt like to sabotage enemy ships, or wait to crap down lack of maintenance. Rather i like to destroy them in a great battle,when both fleet is equally strong, and only the experience will decide who will be the winner :)

• 4 years later...

Blockade an imperial planet that you know you can hold for a very long time. Then send luke on an espionage mission without adequate support. Keep aborting and resending until he's caught. Then use other chars to keep doing espionage. Vader should be on his way! This may take some time as

Vader doesn't head for Luke until he completes his last mission. Only then does he come for his son. If you find he's on his way get a buttload of sullustans in orbit with a good general. Determine the ETA and rescue Luke. Vader's still in hyperspace. So he has to pass through the terrific blockade. Also Luke's onboard. Even if you don't catch him, he's still on planet so just abduct him. Make sure the blockade is in orbit before Luke decides to get caught or the empire could move him. Also the system shouldn't have an ion cannon or Vader could get away with Luke! Incidentally this technique of repeatedly aborting and reattempting missiions with Luke, even on the same turn, could be used to get Luke's stats high enough for a jedi knight. Then if you get him captured you get the emperor and Vader anyways. Now all you've got to do is crack Coruscant with a swarm of fighters. Even in the movies Luke surrenders himself and the force acting through Luke causes Anakin to fulfil the prophecy. So it'll work in the game too, theoretically. Let me know if you get it to work. Cheers!