Imagination

heatblazer

Howdy, all. It's been about 10 years since I first played Rebellion, and I've got to say I am really glad this is still up and running.

Anyone else love how Rebellion gets the imagination flowing? I love to write, but have a hard time coming up with ideas. Then suddenly play a bit of Rebellion and your mind cannot help but wonder. For instance, in my current game I have Moff Jerjerrod who was conducting diplomacy on Ando. I had recently been informed of this, and happened to have just moved some of my best people into the sector. So, I had Han, Chewie, Page, Narra, Dash Rendar and Ruckus to go get him.

A few days later, I get a message that he was in fact captured. And he was also injured. Huh. He must have put up a fight.

This is where the imagination starts. Obviously, they all loaded up onto the Falcon (or maybe Falcon AND Outrider, since they're about as fast as each other.) Going over details, and info and strategy as they headed to the water world.

I can just see Jerjerrod meeting with the Aquilish in some majestic town hall, on some above ocean city, obviously perturbed he has to deal with the non-humans. I can see Han, Chewie and the rest kind of doing casual recon around the city, figuring out where the Imps are and such (though it's hard to be subtle with a Wookie.)

A few days of tailing Jerjerrod, they make their move. I had Ruckus, Page and Narra as distractions. So they probably set charges on some Imperial building or another. Jerjerrod comes out of his meeting, distressed from the results. His personal guard of a few Stormies take up position around him as he begins to go down the stairs. Suddenly an explosion lights up the sky a few blocks down by the water. Figures. They are near a state of revolt as it is, so this is probably the start of an uprising. Giving quick orders to his soldiers, a few rush off. He begins a hurried/annoyed movement down the now panicking street toward the garrison. Sirens blare as smoke billows high into the air.

Han, watching from a distance gives a nod to Chewie, a ways away and ahead of Jerjerrod. Chewie steps out and smacks the leading Stormie, sending him crumpling to the ground. Dash peels out from behind a now vacant stand and blasts one of the other guards as Chewie quickly finishes off the last. Jerjerrod doesn't hesitate to take out his blaster, but Han blasts it out of his hand. Chewie smacks him unconscious and gives out a warm thanks to Han, who just smirks and holsters it. They quickly hide the Imps as Page shows up in a "borrowed" speeder. They load the unconscious diplomat into the thing and they take off toward the ships. Narra and Ruckus have the two ships prepped and ready to blast off into the sky.

A mission done well.

Man, I love this game.

• 1 month later...

If you dig around, you might find an old thread of mine where I did similar stuff. I tinkered around with RebEd to get the biggest fleet battles I could, then played them- and wrote them out almost as if from a novel. With little bits here and there connecting the battle accounts.

Rebellion really is good fodder for the imagination.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Yes it is.

Though for me primarily, it's imagining I'm actually winning a game of multi player, something I think has only happened once (properly, there was that other time... but they quit early...but I could have had him I tell you! I definitely could have had him!) :)

I too...love this game

• 3 months later...
Howdy, all. It's been about 10 years since I first played Rebellion, and I've got to say I am really glad this is still up and running.

Anyone else love how Rebellion gets the imagination flowing? I love to write, but have a hard time coming up with ideas. Then suddenly play a bit of Rebellion and your mind cannot help but wonder. For instance, in my current game I have Moff Jerjerrod who was conducting diplomacy on Ando. I had recently been informed of this, and happened to have just moved some of my best people into the sector. So, I had Han, Chewie, Page, Narra, Dash Rendar and Ruckus to go get him.

A few days later, I get a message that he was in fact captured. And he was also injured. Huh. He must have put up a fight.

This is where the imagination starts. Obviously, they all loaded up onto the Falcon (or maybe Falcon AND Outrider, since they're about as fast as each other.) Going over details, and info and strategy as they headed to the water world.

I can just see Jerjerrod meeting with the Aquilish in some majestic town hall, on some above ocean city, obviously perturbed he has to deal with the non-humans. I can see Han, Chewie and the rest kind of doing casual recon around the city, figuring out where the Imps are and such (though it's hard to be subtle with a Wookie.)

A few days of tailing Jerjerrod, they make their move. I had Ruckus, Page and Narra as distractions. So they probably set charges on some Imperial building or another. Jerjerrod comes out of his meeting, distressed from the results. His personal guard of a few Stormies take up position around him as he begins to go down the stairs. Suddenly an explosion led lighting up the sky a few blocks down by the water. Figures. They are near a state of revolt as it is, so this is probably the start of an uprising. Giving quick orders to his soldiers, a few rush off. He begins a hurried/annoyed movement down the now panicking street toward the garrison. Sirens blare as smoke billows high into the air.

Han, watching from a distance gives a nod to Chewie, a ways away and ahead of Jerjerrod. Chewie steps out and smacks the leading Stormie, sending him crumpling to the ground. Dash peels out from behind a now vacant stand and blasts one of the other guards as Chewie quickly finishes off the last. Jerjerrod doesn't hesitate to take out his blaster, but Han blasts it out of his hand. Chewie smacks him unconscious and gives out a warm thanks to Han, who just smirks and holsters it. They quickly hide the Imps as Page shows up in a "borrowed" speeder. They load the unconscious diplomat into the thing and they take off toward the ships. Narra and Ruckus have the two ships prepped and ready to blast off into the sky.

A mission done well.

Man, I love this game.

Same here friend Even I love th game .. i have been playing it for years and it still excites me ..