Don't underestimate the Carrack Light Cruiser

timhaddox

I've heard many people knock this ship but if used correctly it can be quite capable. I just used one to single handedly knock out two corellian corvettes and a bulk cruiser. After standin off with one of the corvettes i used the superior speed to pull back and stay out of range while my shields recharged then moved back in to completely disable the corvette. Then I pulled out again and led the enemy ships on a chase while I once again recharged. Then I went back in after the second corvette. After I disabled that one I went on the run again. As I stayed out of the bulk cruisers range to recharge I passed by the disabled vettes and destroyed them. Once I was fully recharged I went head to head with the larger more heavily armed bulk cruiser. But I had tractor beams ;) As soon as I had it pinned with my tractor beams I then used the navigation points to move around in to its aft firing arc where I could out gun it. I then proceeded to shoot that SOB out of the sky. It was fun to finally play out a battle that actually involved tactics.

It's been awhile since I tried something like that. Occasionally, I do the same thing with starfighters. Enemy starfighters always go after your most advanced starfighters first; so I'll send them to nav points to the rear of my fleet, drawing enemy starfighters through my fleet where they can take lots of pot shots as they fly by, hopefully knocking out some. Eventually they'll become directly engaged in combat, but sometimes, every little bit helps.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I've heard many people knock this ship but if used correctly it can be quite capable. I just used one to single handedly knock out two corellian corvettes and a bulk cruiser. After standin off with one of the corvettes i used the superior speed to pull back and stay out of range while my shields recharged then moved back in to completely disable the corvette. Then I pulled out again and led the enemy ships on a chase while I once again recharged. Then I went back in after the second corvette. After I disabled that one I went on the run again. As I stayed out of the bulk cruisers range to recharge I passed by the disabled vettes and destroyed them. Once I was fully recharged I went head to head with the larger more heavily armed bulk cruiser. But I had tractor beams ;) As soon as I had it pinned with my tractor beams I then used the navigation points to move around in to its aft firing arc where I could out gun it. I then proceeded to shoot that SOB out of the sky. It was fun to finally play out a battle that actually involved tactics.

Thats a really neat trick, I must remember to try that in my next game!! :)

You have failed me for the last time.