Has this ever happened to you?

zxzxi

Where you have A lot of planets on your side in one sector. You are about to get an enemy planet to go to your side when BOOM the imps came and bombarded two of my planets and made all my planets in the sector go for the imps. I only reason I still had them was because I had Sullistan Regiments on them (Hey they have the highest detection rating in the game.) Of course they have the weakest defence in the game with makes then sitting ducks to bombardments. Has this ever happened to any of you. It just happened to me.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Yeah, any planet in/near uprising, or not very loyal that has nothing holding thier support but troop presence will throw most of a sector against you if the garrison is lost. Much later on in the game the domino effect is a bit lower if most of the sector's been loyal to you for a long time.

Remember the Imperial cause is just, bringing order and stability to the Galaxy. :D

To stop a disasterous domino swing in a sector requires quite a few troops stationed there. Of course the best way to stop this is to have your diplomats doing the rounds on disloyal planets, giving them 'pep talks'

( 'I have altered the deal, pray I do not alter it further' is the phrase that springs to mind 8) )

You have failed me for the last time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well both sides start out with a decent amount of diplomats (by diplomats i mean char with 70 or higher diplomacy rating) but it is possible to creat more. Pretty much any character with a rating of 20 or higher has potential. All you have to do is send them on (lots) of diplomacy missions to planets that already support you. This works better with a Jedi, but can be done with anyone.... if you have 10+ diplomats than support is rarely a major issue, saves on troops too. :wink:

• 6 months later...
The only issue is that it seems to take forever all the time- :evil: But I see where you're coming from. Making up your own speaches is fun while you have characters on diplomacy missions in fast mode is fun- "Honestly, folks, I swear, it was nothing personal when we destroyed that refinery! We were aiming for militaary facilities! I swear! Not the refinery. besides, it's a frickin' refinery. What'd you guys need it for?"

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

That hasn't happened to me personally. I usually have the diplomats hard at work until loyalty is 100%. I have seen neutral systems swing back and forth depending on "actions" in game play.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I usually have a diplomat visit all the systems in a sector until they are all about 85-90% loyal. Then I resend him around to increase it all to 100%. Then I send him to the next system.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

In my Rebellion setup I have more Imperial diplomats as I feel that once you conquer a planet you need diplomacy to sooth the population. And any political order as large as the Galactic Empire would have lots of politicos running around- Moffs, Administrators, ect.-Grand Moff Conway

That is true. Rule by force can only last for so long. The population must want you in order to allocate resources to where they are more needed (ie- troops as garrisons).

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
What's this rule by fear you're talking about? I know the death star suppresses insurrection on the planet its around orbit, but does this affect the sector too? If so by how much? Do troops quell uprising?

• 3 weeks later...
This exact thing hasn't happened to me before, but once when I was the empire, I had most of the planets and I was just about to attack the Alliance Headquarters when, as you say, BOOM! A massive fleet of the alliance attacked nearly everyone of my planets when I was millions of miles away from the systems :( And they make them go to their side.

• 10 months later...

Diplomacy missions are helped along significantly when you have double or triple the troop minimum a general on planet for those troops and a fleet orbiting the planet (The larger the better). You get a super bonus when the Death Star is also orbiting the planet (Can't imagine why). I'm not sure about entire sectors being affected by the Death Star's presence, but it wouldn't surprise me. By the time I get around to building a Death Star I've already crushed all real resistance and there's no one left for me to fight :(

I would think twice before actually going around blowing up planets, because that is probably the fastest way to go from all powerful controller of everything to whoops, the whole galaxy supports the Rebel Alliance and my planets that all have at least 6 regiments of troops deployed each have went into uprising and are being overthrown by their populations. Not that I would know anything about that... I regret nothing!

I challenge you to play rebellion with the empire having no diplomats except Vader, higher leadership ratings for imperial officers and death star construction time significantly reduced. You can raise it again after you build your first DS. Keep the maintenance high though. For the rebels, give them more and better diplomats. Tell me how you like it?