Star Wars general topics

Guest Scathane

Why don't threads about Star Wars in general generate your input?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Why don't threads about Star Wars in general generate your input?

• Everything about Star Wars has already been discussed by someone somewhere
    • I visit these forums for Rebellion, not for Star Wars in general
    • I don't have the time/knowledge etc.
    • What's Star Wars?

Guest Scathane

In another thread someone assserted that threads about Star Wars in generals tend to dry up pretty quickly... Now, of course, this may have quite good reasons but - unfortunately - I'm unaware of them.

My question, then: why don't threads about Star Wars in general receive your input?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't vote because I could talk about Star Wars topics all day long.

I'll post a comment if a specific topic or point gets me interested, but I have to admit that if no one's responding to MY post in particular then I get little frustrated and bored and stop paying attention. Guess I'm still a bit self-centered... have to keep working on that.

Plus most of us seem to have pretty strong ideas and opinions about Star Wars, and I'd rather not waste time getting into a posting battle over some minute detail.

I think a great deal of it has to do with the near-complete lack of Star Wars material coming out these days. The only new material with the name "Star Wars" on it are novels and comic books, and seeing as most people don't read either one of these, it's difficult. We could always get into another analysis of the Battle of Endor, but I think there's at least one thread where we beat it into the ground with (amazingly) everyone in the discussion agreeing on the same conclusion. 8O Heck, we've even analyzed why the prequel movies appeal to younger audiences and not the older generation, and there, yet again, all parties came to a consensus on why. 8O

If there was some original content to discuss and analyze, or if someone brought a new idea of looking at an old topic, you might see more people talking. Then again, a lack of Star Wars makes a lot of people bored with discussions of Star Wars as whole...

Edited by SOCL
so I can get email notifications

I believe that already most of the subjects have been already thoroughly discussed. And with Wookiepedia. Answers to general questions are much easier to find.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

So, if I can think of a Star Wars topic that you guys couldn't find good facts about online, then all would be solved?
I think a discussion beyond just the facts is most appealing, and by this I mean using facts to back analytical claims.

Intellectually stimulating conversations: It sure is good to have you back, Scathane. :)

All in all, we pretty much have beaten every topic into the ground that would last for more than a half-dozen posts. You can only scrounge up so many topics before you have to realise that we have talked about it all. I think a lot of people lurk around waiting for the next new discussion to pop up, or the latest story post in the Story forums. Hell, even the RP forums are pretty much dead now.

Eventually, however, someone will throw us a bone and give us something new to discuss. Until then we must be like the Sith, and simply wait for the right moment.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest Scathane

I tend to agree with SOCL... Firstly, one would expect that contributors gave their view once all the facts have been discussed. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that we have discussed everything that can be dished up...

Now, you could try me, of course...

Er, this is from a really long time ago, but someone mentioned wanting to know who the heck the guy in Scout Trooper armor during episode six was, the Rebel who was captured. I found him on Wookiepedia- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nik_Sant

Not exactly relevant to this topic specifically, but I couldn't find the original, and this seemed the best place to put it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I love all things Star Wars, but I am very limited on my desire to learn anything from the EU due to the lack of canon in any of it. After I read about the clone wars and then the movie came out to ruin every shred of hope I had for the series, I decided to read no further.
His mishappen head, lidless eyes and twisted, hunched back distanced him even further from what the Masters had wanted. It was obvious from the get-go that Exedore Formo would never be a warrior. But they did need a lawgiver…

Hm, dunno. It is assumed that either Palpy or Dooku went to Kamino to order as Sifo Dyas the Clone Army for the republic. I also dunno if the real Dyas was still alive at that time. And I´m just too lazy right now to search for some pseudo-cannon on wookiepedia. :wink:8)
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Wookieepedia has its uses, but I feel like it kills a lot of the mystery and mysticism, acting as a sort of encyclopedic Star Wars, but following the same buzz-kill as the prequels.

Funny, I know the founder personally, too. He rarely reads the novels and when he does, he only does it to take notes in order to update the articles. :roll:

Speculations about the next novel to come out are all that I really have left for discussion. The only spoilers I know of are the ones that were posted on Wookiepedia under "Personel" and what the back cover says.

12/14/07

I just saw an ad on TV that the channel "Spike" about something Star Wars. It was a very mysterious commercial, with just Vader breathing in the background. I ran to the internet and found this. Apparently Spike has purchased the rights to air all 6 movies, and will start doing so in April. So not as exciting as I hoped it would be.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

The whole SW series is shown every year at about Easter. I´m pretty shure that this year also ROTS will be shown for the first time on free TV. Watching the OT again is a must for me. Allthough I hate all these breaks with thousands of adds. :? But I´ll definately try to miss the Prequells. :D

So, that's a lot of guesses[list=]

completed with one reference to Wookieepedia... And this is what makes you guys shut up??? 8O:?

No, not at all. When I´ve first heard his name mentioned by that cloner guy, I had the feeling that Buenos Dyas, or whatever, must have been the highest ranked jedi in the councel and Yoda followed his footsteps after his death. It was also rumoured that either Dooki or Palpi himself went to Kamino as Sifo Dyas to order the Clone-Army. Another rumour was that Dyas indeed ordered the Clone-Army by himself, because he has forseen the future and died before he could give his knowledge further to at least either Yoda or Windu, so that nobody could affect the future in any kind of way. Reading that he was such a young guy and just a regular member of the council is a bit poor in my opinion.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Two reasons for me i think, firstly i don't seem to spend as much time here as i used to.

Secondly, i know it's a bit odd, but all the sticky's and scrolling down make it, i dunno, and effort... or am i being a whiney git?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest Scathane
Of course you're a whiney git, EM, you practically invented the affliction... :twisted: I think there was no Sifo Dyas, I think that it was Dooku or Sidious as well. But then again, I would really like some additional information as to what took place before the prequals... All we have now is some losse mention of one Mr. Dyas... In this respect, I would think that it would make for great television series material as well, just as Palpatine's visit to Korriban would be... :twisted:

honestly i don't really think you can over dicuss anything i think the problems start to arise when you get people start flaming becasue of a difference of oppinion about a subject which kills it for people just enjoying the fact of disagreeing about something that really there is no definate answer for

honestly i don't really think you can over dicuss anything i think the problems start to arise when you get people start flaming becasue of a difference of oppinion about a subject which kills it for people just enjoying the fact of disagreeing about something that really there is no definate answer for
I don't think this has happened in quite some time, here at least. :?

Sifo-Dyas sounds like a cover for Sidious, i.e. Darth Sidious or Palpatine. I hate how LucasFilm finds a way to kill the buzz of mystery.