Things you hate in Star Wars

Eagle

As just mentioned in another thread, there are some things which are disturbing in the SW-Movies to some people. This thread is for telling what disturbed you there and why so we all can discuss it together (what we often like to do :mrgreen: ).

So things that disturbed me in the Star Wars Movies:

- The Max Rebo-Band :?

- Battledroids (sometimes and nearly all kinds of)

- these bad computer-animated droids in the SE of Star Wars in the Mos Eisley scenes.

- some Jedis looked rather rediculous, fe. Yarael Pool, Shaak Ti (is she a geisha??) and that yoda-like dwarf-jedi, I´ve forgotten his name :roll: . Except Ayla Secura, she looks rather ... like you hear yourself saying "YES"! :twisted:

- the french accent of the neimodians. Maybe they´ve ate too much frogs?! :roll:

- these cloners, how are they called again? :roll::x

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with the Max Rebo band? They were definitely better than the catina "house band" from the original movie!

What have you got against Shaak Ti? She's "nice" on my eyes :wink:

The other "yoda-like dwarf-Jedi" was Yaddle. OK, she was a stretch and not necessary.

I liked the French accent, you stupid knnnnnniget. Now, go away or I will taunt you a second time! :lol: (just a quote mind you :wink: )

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

What's wrong with the Max Rebo band?

I don´t like the new song and the animated singers also these background-singers.

But, Tex, you haven´t told what you´d disliked. ;)

- the french accent of the neimodians. Maybe they´ve ate too much frogs?! :roll:

It wasnt a french accent in the english version Eagle.. heh.. I'm not going to be P.C. here.. but it was an asian accent for us.... rather racist too if i might add... anyways.. what i hated about the prequels?.....

1. Jango Fett

2. C3PO being built by Ani

3. "Ani"

4. Gungans

5. R2D2's "Anit-grav" boosters or whatever they were..

errmmm.. i could go on for a good while.. but ill leave it at that for now..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Who not!? ;)

It wasnt a french accent in the english version Eagle.. heh.. I'm not going to be P.C. here.. but it was an asian accent for us

Ohh, I´m sorry for that. I´ve Ep. I + II as a german VHS-version and in Ep. II they don´t talk too much. It just sounded a little strange to me, so I thought, that this is what it sounds in english with that accent or maybe how Mad may sounds if he talks in english.:mrgreen:

5. R2D2's "Anit-grav" boosters or whatever they were..

errmmm.. i could go on for a good while.. but ill leave it at that for now..

Totally agreement :!::!:

I truely hated the Gungan race. Give me some cuddly costumed teddybears over a bunch or retarded computer morons any day.

Also Dex and his diner in AotC. What the heck was that?!

In fact, why must GL bring todays society into the prequels? Between the NYC-esque diner to (like Tex said) the Japanese-like Neomodians...ARG!!!!

I don't think I have any qualms with the original trilogy (except for the SEs). But I think we all have a place in our hearts for a little bit of hatin' at the prequels.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

What's wrong with the Max Rebo band?

I don´t like the new song and the animated singers also these background-singers.

But, Tex, you haven´t told what you´d disliked. ;)

Animated? I must have the original version (it's on VHS) where they're all "puppets" like Yoda OT :)

OK, my dislikes ... hmmm ... man, there's so many ... OK, got it:

1) The prequels (all three, although there were some things I did like in them, namely: Sidious, Darth Maul, Qui-gon, young Obi-wan, Mace, and most of the other Jedi; everything else was ... nevermind).

2) Not enough character development for Boba Fett in the OT (original trilogy).

3) Ben & Vader's lightsaber fight should have been more "Hollywood melodramatic" in ANH (and I hate that title "A New Hope". When I saw the movie it was STAR WARS, period. And that's how I remember the first movie).

4) I wanted to see more Imperial retaliation in the ESB.

5) No Ewoks!

I'm talking about the original Original Trilogy, not the SE crap.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

1) The prequels (all three, although there were some things I did like in them, namely: Sidious, Darth Maul, Qui-gon, young Obi-wan, Mace, and most of the other Jedi; everything else was ... nevermind).

2) Not enough character development for Boba Fett in the OT (original trilogy).

:lol: Tex... number 1 sums it all up for me.. hehehe.. good way to put it there.. i have to agree with you.. it was nothing like any of us wanted or imagined.. :(

Number two i agree with as well.. and would add more character development of Darth Tyranus and General Grievous... in fact i dont think those characters had to be introduced at all really... they shouldve kept Maul alive through Ep. III... that way the story didnt have to worry about character development of another antagonist... just as the OT didnt.. so yea... blah..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Why does everyone hate ewoks? I can't understand.

They were quite popular in the 80's (2 movies, cartoon series)

Ewoks are fine!

Boba Fett would have deserved more roleplay, but at the time he wasn't really important. I think Fett's character is legendary only because of some EU stuff, games and Jango Fett. Otherwise, he was quite a noob :)

Another stupid thing in SW was C3PO and R2D2 surviving everything and getting involved in all events. (however, it was fun)

But Jar Jar is probably the worst. Everyone agrees? :)

Hoo yeah we agree. Things I dislikes:

1) The podracing... Dear FSM, the podracing...

2) The fact that Natalie Portman was chosen over Kiera Knightly (sp?) to be Padme when she's much sexier in my opinion.

3) Same as number two... Damn Kiera is sexy....

4) Zam Wessel's stupidity in shooting the droid instead of Obi-Wan at the beginning of AotC.

5) Battledroids that talk. They're much more intimidating if they don't make jokes.

6) The Clone Wars in general- totally not what I had in mind.

7) Count Dooku... Just... Bleh.

8: (Edited from the 8) that it was before) Developing Dooku in Ep II and killing him right away in Ep III

9) The fact that Lucas chose only the crappiest actors for the part of Anakin.

10) The central theme for all three prequal movies being "Lots of stuff blowed up real good!"

11) That one line in Ep. XI about Wedge taking the North tower when they're in the second Death Star. Which way is North in space, exactly?

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive

You have to consider that Natalie Portman was much better known than Kiera. Kiera got the attention really due to Star Wars, as she looked like Portman.

Dooku was much better developed in the novels. I think Christopher Lee did a great job, for the limited role he was on screen.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Animated? I must have the original version (it's on VHS) where they're all "puppets" like Yoda OT :)

Indeed I was talking about the SE-version.

(and I hate that title "A New Hope". When I saw the movie it was STAR WARS, period. And that's how I remember the first movie).

4) I wanted to see more Imperial retaliation in the ESB.

5) No Ewoks!

Yeah, damn right! :D

2) The fact that Natalie Portman was chosen over Kiera Knightly (sp?) to be Padme when she's much sexier in my opinion.

3) Same as number two... Damn Kiera is sexy....

I also would prefer Keira over Natalie. And the actress who played Zam Wessel in a human shape was also very sexy. :D

Cool Developing Dooku in Ep II and killing him right away in Ep III

You´ve forgot to use dots. ;)

Why does everyone hate ewoks? I can't understand.

They were quite popular in the 80's (2 movies, cartoon series)

Ewoks are fine!

:o

Ok, what do I hate about the Star Wars Movies.. emm.. I must confess to being like Tex and being a bit of an old git being thirty and a blurry bit, so yes I was there in 1977 marvelling at the original movie and that Star Destroyer rumbling across the screen which none of us had more or less experienced in cinema, not least with the sheer brilliance of John William's score. Whilst the TIE fighter absence during the final battle over Yavin of the original movie is a little questionable with hindsight, everyone was simply to much in awe at the time by the cinematic experience as a whole, so that can be forgiven I guess.

The Empire Strike Back was brilliant, best of the lot in my book, the rebellion/heros on the run etc, constantly bumping into overwhelming odds and realistically thwarted with brilliant screenplay. The rather dark and bleak ending made the public simply have to watch RotJ after all they had been through!

And then! Oh dear! The Return of the Jedi. All was ace at the time, for the concept of a Star Wars geek hadn't yet manifested itself. But these days upon reflection, like CCCCHHHHRIISSSTTT!!!!!!!!!!

After a wonderful beginning involving Jaba's palace, and all the thoroughly excusable mess of logic involving all our hero's walking into traps when a rebel incursion would have swiftly secured Han's release, given the subsequent scenes involve the rebel fleet in all it's largeness, we are reduced to the involvement and introduction of the EWOK!

Simply why? The George Lucas bank balance factor again, cashing in as our Ninja lord La_Forge reveals above? It simply ruined it for me, basically teddy bears defeating Stormtroopers.

And the battle above. Unexplained. Like how? With about thirty Star Destroyers, an operational Death Star, and the battle swung in the rebels favor? :roll: Again something that wouldn't have occurred to me at the time, simply due to the awe factor; but worthy of a raised eye-brow now.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I was young when I saw the flick and, as a result, liked the Ewoks and thought them funny. Then again, I was all of eight or nine in 1999 when TPM came out and I loved it. :roll:

My understanding with the battle: The Executer was being used as a key point in the cut-off of Alliance troops. The fleet was ordered not to attack, merely to prevent the Rebels from escaping. The Emperor wanted word to travel of the true power of this second Death Star that was blowing the crap out of Rebel ships. When the DS blew up that A) Modified the gravity in the system, creating new hyperspace routes and B) left a large gap in formation.

When the Executer (I always forget if it's Executer or Executioner) went down that also created a gap. The Rebels were thus able to get away. At least that's my surmission.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Mediclorines... stupidest thing ever. Thanks George :x

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

1) Basically, what's the deal with all the prequels? Midichlorians (one single symbiote is compatible with nearly every species in the galaxy)??? The Geonosians designing the Death Star??? Jar Jar Binks??? The rest of the Gungans were just fine, but oh this idiot...Does anyone have a copy of The Phantom Edit I can watch? Please?

2)George Lucas has stated that he wanted the Star Wars films to be like silent films, and he directs, casts, and edits accordingly. That's all fine and dandy for the good-guys-win finale in ROTJ, but the prequels could have been much more interesting films with a more modern cinematic approach. The prequels are noobed down way too much for those of us who grew up with the originals. And this directing style makes a group of fine actors look incompetent on screen. I happen to like the wipes for screen transistions, though!

3)There's nothing wrong with Ewoks per se, but considering the original plot to have the final battle on Kashyyyk with Wookiees (Ewoks are Wookiees spelled backwards; really original there George...), using the smaller species is such a letdown. And by the time the Wookiee battle arrives in ROTS, it's hopelessly unrealistic (a single frontal charge on one beach???) and does not depict the planet the way every other source has led us to believe over the years. Even the Holiday Special did a better job of showing the tree-based society of Kashyyyk!

4)Original Triology Special Edition. The only thing I like is the Jabba scene put back in Star Wars. Why did they change the dialog (Luke in the Dagobah swamp, and Han on the skiff over the Sarlaac)? I had been dreaming of the Star Wars Death Star battle with updated special effects for years, but even those wonderful visuals cannot make up for GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST! I wonder if the boys at Lucasfilm are even remotely aware of how nonsensical this is, or how modifying that scene completely changes our perception of Han's character development throughout the film. They might as well have used walkie-talkies instead of blaster pistols...wait, that's been done...

5)When Star Wars first became a hit, Lucas explained that sets and creatures and special effects were part of the story, not the story itself, and that many unsuccessful sci-fi films spend too much time focusing on the expensive sets and technology rather than focusing on telling a great story. Mr. Lucas, may I direct your attention to Episodes I-III...

Whew! Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. In spite of all this, Star Wars is still a great experience and I'm glad I'm a fan. George Lucas had the courage to push for his vision to get on screen, and he deserves all the credit without a doubt. It must be tough to live up to expectations of fans like me. But, that doesn't stop me from wishing Stackpole would write a screenplay for an X-Wing movie...

Simply why? The George Lucas bank balance factor again, cashing in as our Ninja lord La_Forge reveals above? It simply ruined it for me, basically teddy bears defeating Stormtroopers.

Merchandising! Jar Jar and the ewoks were for the kids, and for the toy-factories :) Good money for everybody, and of course for GL.

Those stormies could have failed in such a battle with a small assistance of the rebellion. Ewoks would use guerilla warfare to defeat any intruders. Also, they seemed to be no threat for the empire, and were ignored which led to a real suprise attack (where the empire was outnumbered by fluffyness).

If you see the facts, that was a pretty realistic scenario, however the movie show that event rather comical, where stormies are just some nerds running around like noobs and got hit by stones :)

Go ewoks! I still support them. And their music is great btw.

Just to elaborate on George's use of Ewoks in the ROTJ:

1982 represented a year in which dozens of unemployed entertainment midgets fell on hard times. More likely George Lucas woke up from an all night crack binge in a stingy Los Angeles alley next to a few of the little guys wrapped in cardboard and carpet scraps... to which he OMG'd and some some drunk midget slurred back WTF E'WOK!

8O

Riding on success from Star Wars: ROTJ the midgets enjoyed their fame. But in 1987 things were again rough. The going rate for midget entertainment had fallen slightly behind hispanic lawn care rates in the greater Los Angeles area. Ron Howard had a couple of the little guys cutting his grass that summer and while binging out with George Lucas discussing the "Willow" budget wrote the little guys in another part.

:roll:

Why Jar-Jar is really in prequel triology:

Jar-Jar represented the 1998 transition of outsourcing Industrial Light and Magic to India. Trained with the latest ethnic slurs Indian voice-overs provided an authentic african-american tone to a racially cultivated and computer generated stereotype straight from Bangalore at an amazing rate of US $1.27/Hr.

:D

Damn... I really need to pour out the vodka and goto bed.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

11) That one line in Ep. XI about Wedge taking the North tower when they're in the second Death Star. Which way is North in space, exactly?

Wait... wait... there's an episode 11?! 8O or did you mean VI.. as in episode 6.. as in... Return of the Jedi..

anyways.. in response to, and in support of you, Jahled.. have you ever seen Clerks by Kevin Smith? There's a great scene where they discuss which is better Empire or Jedi.. and of course Dante (the main character) responds Empire.. ok.. im gonna find it.. one sec..

ok here it is..

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?

Dante Hicks: "Empire".

Randal Graves: Blasphemy.

Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

sums it up quite nice no?.. hehe :lol:

Speaking of conversations... has anyone else noticed in ROTJ that when the ewok that finds Leia dives under the log at the approaching storm troopers he yells "Eat Cha Mamma"... listen closely to the rest of dialog and you find lots of little jems... kinda like trying to figure WTF Kenny says on South Park.

:idea: (Not quite sober yet)

Speaking of conversations... has anyone else noticed in ROTJ that when the ewok that finds Leia dives under the log at the approaching storm troopers he yells "Eat Cha Mamma"... listen closely to the rest of dialog and you find lots of little jems... kinda like trying to figure WTF Kenny says on South Park.

:idea: (Not quite sober yet)

Hahaha best of all the moods!

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif