Star Wars Rebellion - x64 Installer (Beta 4)

budious

September 13, 2010

Reb Refresh Package 2.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?2o45636jl3ij59z

• Includes updated *.reg files to fix key location
  • Now includes RedEd unpacked and ReloadEd

See this thread for more details:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3937

----------------------------------

I think the common source of what is going wrong in so many of the Vista/7 replies is that people are messing up the manual copy.

CD Root Folder (D:\REBELLION)

Destination Root Folder (C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion)

Example:

copy D:\REBELLION\rebexe.exe to C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\rebexe.exe

copy D:\REBELLION\MDATA to C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

If you have an additional REBELLION folder in your destination path then you did not follow the given directions, please read carefully.

(C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\REBELLION\smack32.dll is incorrect; the proper path is C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\smack32.dll)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2009

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2njzm/Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1.1.zip

If anyone has permanent hosting for this file, I'm sure the free host won't last long. Reply with a mirror if you do so.

Instructions included in package were to install Rebellion and Reloaded side by side. The instructions provided here are for installing Rebellion only:

Windows x64 (64-bit)

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Create the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\SaveGame

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x64.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

Windows x86 (32-bit)

- Run the Star Wars Rebellion cd and select the "Install" option. Select the Maximum option.

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy the Rebellion\MData folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy all Rebellio\*.dll files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x86.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"Volume"=dword:000002bc

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This content below is now deprecated as of December 1, 2009. Use the workaround posted above from now on.

Star Wars Rebellion - x64 Installer (Beta 4)

Download Mirrors

Part 1/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/9bc6eb4440_9.54MB

Part 2/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/f155dbce50_9.54MB

Part 3/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/53e50fac78_9.54MB

Part 4/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/e48af5fb53_9.54MB

Part 5/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/05dad45985_9.54MB

Part 6/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/de7681c3b3_9.54MB

Part 7/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/79f5c1acda_9.5MB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post update on April 7, 2007

Vista 32-bit: Fix available to allow gameplay.

(Reported to work on Vista 64-bit according to a single report; mixed results)

1. Download the file d3drm.dll

2. Copy the file to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

3. Launch and play.

Report any issues you have with this method to the Rebellion and Windows Vista 32-bit thread.

I will update this thread again if a fix is determined for Vista x64.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post updated on February 12, 2007

Simplified x64 Manual Installation

For XP x64; Vista x64 does not support the required graphic rendering mode

1. Insert Rebellion CD and open file browser.

2. Goto your CDROM path and find the REBELLION folder (ie. D:\REBELLION)

3. Highlight all files *.* along with EDATA and GDATA folders

and right-click copy. (MDATA folder not required)

4. Create a directory on your system drive for the game.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\

5a. Inside the new directory use right-click paste to copy over the files and folders from CD.

5b. Create a SaveGame directory within or you will not be able to save games.

6. Open notepad.exe and copy paste the following into the file. Save it as rebellion.reg without .txt extension. Double click the file to install the registry entries.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"GUID"="{8DEC0D67-DCF5-11d0-AFED-0020AF9D7C7E}"

7a. Unzip the file, open swreg64.reg using notepad.exe and edit any occurance of E: to the letter of your system drive (most likely C:\)

7b. Edit any occurance of D: to the letter of your CDROM drive (most likely the same D:\).

8. Save the file changes and close notepad. Double-click the file to install the registry entries.

9. Drop in the Rebellion CD. The autoplay should give you the option to play the game now. I'll assume you can figure out how to manually create a desktop or start menu shortcut.

Please report any issues related to this manual install method as a reply to this thread.

Post updated on November 9, 2006

The installer is verified to operate under Windows Vista x64 RC2 (5744) However, at this moment the game will not run because of DirectX incompatibilities. Installing DirectX 9.0c Redistributables does not appear to fix the problem in Vista x64.

If you have Vista x86(32bit) I would be interested in knowing if you were able to install the game with either the default installer of my x64 installer and if so did the game function afterwards.

Get Directx 9.0c

To request a copy of the installer, please leave a reply to this thread with a valid email address capable of high volume storage (70mb) such as a gmail account.

The new installer provides installation support for Windows x64 Operating Systems but is not limited to use on such.

Supports Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, and 2003.

The new installer is a 32-bit (replacing the 16-bit original) and has been created using InstallShield 11.

The CD protection has not been removed. You must own the original CD to play the game after installation.

readme.txt (BETA 4)

Star Wars Rebellion - Windows x64 Compatible Installer

***Installer package created by Budious for the Rebellion Community***

Beta 4 Release Information: (11/25/2005)

- Installer has been tested on XP(SP2) and XP-x64 only.

- Singleplayer has been tested on XP(SP2) and XP-x64 only.

- Multiplayer has been tested.

General Information:

This package includes all files required to install Star Wars Rebellion on your PC. You do not need the CD to

install the game, but you will need the CD to PLAY the game. The CD checking mechanism has in no way been removed

or tampered with. This was done to keep the installer as legal as possible and not to infringe on LucasArts

copyrights. Legitimate owners of an original Star Wars Rebellion distrubution media are welcome to use this

installer.

The installer is compatible with Windows 95,98,98SE,ME,NT4,2000,XP,2003,XP-x64, and 2003-x64.

The installer is compatible with the 1.01 patch but is not included in the package.

Installation Tips:

The current installer assumes that your CD-Rom drive is D:\

If D:\ is not a cd-rom device on your system then:

1) Open the Registry Editor. Type "regedit" in the Run box on start menu.

2) Locate the branch for your operating system.

Win32 - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

x64 - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

3) Right-click the key and select "Modify" for each of the following keys to modify the CD-Rom drive letters:

"DllLocation"="D:\\Rebellion"

4) Close the Registry Editor and launch the game.

Uninstall methods.

1) Run the setup.exe, it will prompt with option to uninstall.

2) Use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall.

Known Issues:

- Manual configuration of cd-rom registry entry still required. See "Installation Tips"

Release History:

Beta 4 - 11/25/2005

- Reduced installer file size.

- Installer now gives user a choice of installation path.

- Fixed installation bug in which the installer would stop responding.

Beta 3 - 11/23/2005

- Added original EULA of the game to the installer.

- Registry paths to installation directory are now automatically configured during install.

- Fixed problem with game save error.

- Fixed uninstallation issue in Add/Remove Programs control panel.

- Added a desktop shortcut.

Beta 2 - 11/23/2005

- Configured the installation registry keys to default to C:\ for hard drive and D:\ for CD-Rom.

- Fixed Start Menu shortcut and renamed to "Rebellion"

- Uninstall can now be performed by running setup.exe when an existing installation exist

Email bugs/comments: budious@hotmail.com

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY VERY goo initiative Budious!!! And Welcome to SWR.com :D:D:D !!!

You should ask Evaders to host this on the site's server to allow easier acces to members who need the installer.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• SWR Staff - Executive

My concern is that it has all the required files on it. It is possible to remove the CD protection there, so it really would be an issue with us distributing something so easily for others to use illegally.

If it were a simple exectuable that required a CD for its source, I would consider hosting that. But with the all the required files in the package, it is too likely to become problem for us.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Building an installer package is a first for me so it's a learning experience. Only reason I packaged it all together was it was the easiest way to go about it for starters. I may try building a "lite" installer that copies from CD source if I get the all of the bugs worked out of the current project.

BETA 4 NOW AVAILABLE (66.6MB) in #swrebellion on irc.blazeirc.net

/ctcp budious xdcc send #1

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

BETA 4 NOW AVAILABLE (66.6MB) in #swrebellion on irc.blazeirc.net

File size has been reduced from 264mb to 66.6mb

Special thanks to oogieboogie for his contribution

I was looking at a true "full install" option for the game. Unfortunately the game designers used a single variable to define the location of the disc data and the the copy protection. I have offloaded the music and movie files to the hard drive and by manually manipulating the variable while rebexe.exe is executed it is possible to play the game's music and movies directly from the hard drive. Thus, your cd does not spin and music and cutscenes load and play w/o delays.

So for now, simply as useful but tedious performance tip, here's a how-to:

1) manually copy the folder MDATA from your Rebellion cd to your Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Rebellion folder

2) open registry editor, "regedit" in run box

3) find the branch:

4) locate the key "TooBigLocation", its default should be your cdrom drive

5) do not change this value yet, launch the game first

6) alt-tab out of Rebellion, now change the value

"TooBigLocation"="C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion"

7) return to the game, and enjoy the performance boost

8) after exiting the game, return the value to it's original value or the next time you launch, the game will not be able to verify cd

Ok I went to the IRC chat channel, but it says the file is for a Homeworld 2 TC, not for Star Wars: Rebellion. I'm looking for a way to install Star Wars: Rebellion on Windows x64 so I can continue playing it.

I also did a web search on .BIG files and I didn't find anything useful on how to turn them into usable files.

• SWR Staff - Executive

The warlords BIG file is not what you want.

Again..

BETA 4 NOW AVAILABLE (66.6MB) - #swrebellion on irc.blazeirc.net

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Please help me with this.

I found this link at the bottom of this sites home page: irc.blazeirc.net.

Once there, I clicked on the #swrebellion link and another login screen

popped up. Now what?

Where does the following go?

:?::?::?:

I can't tell you how much we laughed on the set to have Alec Guinness in a scene with a big, furry dog that's flying a space ship. ~ Mark Hamill

Sorry, I have not been in the chat room lately... I got no responders for the file the first few days and then decided to format my old laptop that I had been hosting the files on. I will be hosting the file again later today in irc for those seeking it.

For the IRC illiterate:

1) D/L mirc 6.16 at http://www.mirc.com

2) First time you run it asks for some info, just put in your nick and a fake email.

3) At bottom of main window enter /server irc.blazeirc.net

4) After connecting to the server, enter /join #swrebellion

5) Look to the column on the right of the screen after entering the room, if the name budious appears then I am there and you can d/l the file.

6) Use the command /ctcp budious xdcc send #1 to begin download of the file from my XDCC server.

Guest JediIgor
budious, the problem is the people that *do* read these forums actively probably aren't using x64, so to get to the very very few people that *are* the file would have to be hosted in our downloads. Now we'd really like to do that, but first the installer needs to stop bundling the actual files :).

Yes, you and evaders already made that clear. I know x64 users are in the minority, like I said it was for "future-proofing" only. Once I figure out how to do it w/o bundling the core files, I will post a smaller file. I had two x64 users download from me yesterday, which was two more than I expected...

• 1 month later...
It was just something I was playing around with during my freetime thanksgiving week... I have been so busy since then I pretty much forgot about it, no updates... but I can deliver beta 4 on irc at request, leave a reply when you may be on next, i'll try to catch you. I just dropped by to check at the EaW demo news... and give it a try.

I'm just going to sit on the channel you specified so try almost anytime. I'm there right now. I won't be around so much tomorrow, but if you don't get me before then, I'll be on most of the day during weekdays since I can be on irc at work.

Sorry, mail attachments are limit to 10mb by Comcastic...

For those seeking, PM or respond to this thread, as I do not visit the irc room regularly unless I know you are seeking the file.

NOW SW:REBELLION WORKS!! thanks budious! I'm relasing your installer on eMule. The main server is Razorback 2.0,but sometimes when it's down i use Donkey Server No.6. The last version of eMule is the 0.46c.

The file name is

[PC Game] Star Wars Rebellion _Setup for WinXpSP2-x64.zip

Have a nice sharing!

Edited by Stevex