How much would you pay to buy SWRebellion on GOG.COM?

addict-ant

How much would you pay to buy SWRebellion on GOG.COM?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay to buy SWRebellion on GOG.COM?

• $5 - $10
    • $10 - $15
    • $15 - $20
    • $20 - $25
    • $25 - $30
    • $30+

I voted 5-10, but if they had the right kind of extras, I would pay more. GOG usually gets it to install and work properly on modern OSs; that alone is worth the money, but if they packaged it with a digital copy of the manual (which I lost a decade ago), or included some other goody, I would pay more.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• SWR Staff - Executive
Honestly, as much as I loved the game, I am an interface fanatic now. I think the dependency on the windowed GUI makes the game a pain to play. Give me a true modern 3D interface like Sins (with characters, diplomacy, missions) and I'll be sold.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Honestly, as much as I loved the game, I am an interface fanatic now. I think the dependency on the windowed GUI makes the game a pain to play. Give me a true modern 3D interface like Sins (with characters, diplomacy, missions) and I'll be sold.

It is clunky, but doesn't bother me too much. Now if the multiplayer was better, I would play it a lot more; the slow/medium/fast time mechanic just doesn't translate well to multiplayer games very well.

Whilst I certainly have to agree it is clunky - I really don't mind it at all and for me it doesn't detract very much from my enjoyment of the game.

I'm also fairly content with the speed options - though that's probably got more to do with the fact I lean far more towards turn based strategy than real time strategy. It's always been one of the things I liked about SWR - felt to me like a hybrid of turn based and real time combined.

Just out of interest, do you generally go for real time or turn based strategy games?

Just out of interest, do you generally go for real time or turn based strategy games?

Me? Both. I like Starcraft and Age of Empires (and Supreme Commander and Rise of Nations and Red Alert and...), but I also like Heroes of Might and Magic, Disciples, Civilization, Space Empires, etc.

What I don't like about SWR multiplayer is that either player can change the speed without consent of the other. This works great in single player, as you can slow it down when things are busy and speed it up when nothing is happening, but often I will have a lot going on while my opponent is bored to tears, and vice versa. And since they are my opponent, they have even less incentive to wait for me. Instead they want to rush me by upping the speed. It depends a bit on who your opponent is- some play nicer than others.

Me?

You, Evaders... (anyone really).

Ummm.......

I don't wish to contradict you oh wise master....but...

...I think you're wrong about the time changing thing in multiplayer...

...or at least in every SWR game I've played,

the game has gone at the slowest speed either player has set it to...

or am I alone in experiencing that?

Oh? I haven't played multiplayer in years. Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.

• 4 weeks later...
:D I still have the manual :D

ummm...I wonder if I could scan it?

I found the full manual in PDF strangely enough doing random google searches for Rebellion stuff a few years back, still got in on storage I think.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Oh? I haven't played multiplayer in years. Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.

The game runs the speed of the slowest client, so setting your client on fast won't speed it up, I like to play slow anyways, game is like a good chess match. Make every resource, character, ship count. Don't value anything as expendable.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

I found the full manual in PDF strangely enough doing random google searches for Rebellion stuff a few years back, still got in on storage I think.

Um. Can I have a copy? Pretty please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

There is something liked that coming out, called Star Citizen. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

• SWR Staff - Executive

Can you send me a copy of the PDF? stratus@swrebellion.com Thx!

• SWR Staff - Executive

Well my comment was aiming for a epic strategy game, not a combat simulator :)

(Though I do enjoy a good combat simulator, where is a Tie Fighter: Empire already!)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Can you send me a copy of the PDF? stratus@swrebellion.com Thx!

It's too big to email, 22MB. Just click the PDF icon above for a download link, or using the torrent in my signature includes the PDF game manual as well.

There is something liked that coming out, called Star Citizen. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Looks pretty neat. I might have to consider donating. I'm reluctant in the long run simply because I don't have a computer worth playing anything made in the last 3-5 years on. (Short run reason not to donate is that I don't have the wiggle room in my budget right now.)

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"