New SWR Models

Callahan

Greetings !

I lately wanted to update my SWR with a few better models, but found many of the links in the download section broken.

The models in some older topics seem also be lost.

Are there some folks out there using custom models and willing to share ?

I read of nice ISD & VSD, but cannot find any download for them.

Thanks

Callahan

• 3 weeks later...

I have some cards stashed away, but never used many models. Some looked nice, but most had so many ghosting problems that it broke the immersion factor. Better to imagine a better ship from a pathetic one then ignore disappearing hull panels.

I've mentioned broken links a few times, but they have never been fixed. Not sure if that's because the originals are lost, or perhaps some other reason.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Well, there is a VSD and ISD in the model section. As far as I know, they are good models considering it is an old game and I'd rather look at models with a few clipping issue than the old polygonal ships, so why don't you give these models a spin: http://www.swrebellion.com/downloads/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2 ?

And if you'd rather have something a bit more polished, maybe you'd like to try my Rebellion 1.5 mod?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28010

Thanks for all the info.

I already use those models still online for download, but the ISD, VSD and several others are not textured.

Had hoped someone has downloaded the textured ISD while it was still available.

This mod sounds nice, I will take a look at it.

.x should work. It just is a different file format; if I recall, it only has one model for all three distances (close, medium, far), while the .rmd files have three different versions. But that is really digging into my memory, so don't quote me on it. :wink:

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

It was my understanding that a .rmd was some kind of "zip" file containing 3 .x's. That's what you get when you import a .rmd with the utility, at any rate. Also, to my knowledge, there are no distinct texture files from the .x's. And lastly, the reason I don't think the isd file will work is that you'd need 3 .x's to get the same view from all zoom state, I believe... But try-it for yourself :P