EVERYONE help get the Source Code

Master_Xan

Evaders, perhaps this can be posted on the homepage for added visibility...

As some of you know, LucasArts has recently begun to re-release classic older games. This gives me some hope for getting the source code.

I've started a thread in the LucasArts forums about the source code for older games like Rebellion. Everyone should go post their thoughts. I'm trying to let the folks who make the decisions know that we care about this game and others like it, and we don't want them to disappear.

Go post your comments here Even if you don't think it will ever happen, go post and say you wish it would.

If we ever got the source code, it would be possible to drastically improve the game. Can't get your game to start in Vista? Having problems with 64-bit OS? Can't skip the opening presentation when you start a new game? Want better graphics, especially during space battles? There are a million things we can't do now, but would be possible with the source code and some work. If we never get the source, we can't fix these things.

So please, go show your support!

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Hey Master_Xan, Ive jumped on board the source code band wagon by posting a comment on the LucasArts forums...Anybody else?

You never know, LucasArts may actually release the source code if enough fans of the game say they want it.

Not to be a pessimist, but many have tried in vain from the past to no avail. I see no reason to even register there upon that website to even beg for a scrap.

Try? I am trying in my own way for a remake, it is a slow go for me since I am programming in a BASIC language and a simple game engine. I am frustrated by the slow speed of the compiled code, but it looks nice.

So yes, either hope for Steel or DavidAdas to kick out a real remake or sequel, maybe I can learn true C+#, XNA to take advantage of the .NET library and DX optimized routines to make it fast, and then compile it under MS way better compiler to get a decent frame rate.

Lucas Arts is busy with other things? It is sad that they will not even give a reasoned answer why they can not release such code - lest it be for copyright holder agreement via the developer or said publisher of game.

It is true, many have tried in the past and all have failed. But the older the game gets, the greater the chance is they will cough up the code. And lately they have been going back and doing things with their old games... I figure even if they don't give us the code, the five minutes it took to type up the request won't kill me :roll:

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• 1 year later...